[c-nsp] problem with VPC port-channel between Cisco 3550 and pair of Nexus 5020

Martin Clifton Martin.Clifton at vu.edu.au
Wed May 23 20:07:47 EDT 2012

Hi,

You may find the Nexus 5020 has blocked the port because it has received a
spanning-tree bpdu from the 3560.

You could apply the following command on the 3550 uplink:
spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

Whilst this is safe enough on a single link, I would be very careful about
applying it in a redundant/port-channeled scenario.

Regards, Martin