[c-nsp] Lot of input errors on a NPE-G1 interface

David Farrell dfarrell at tibus.com
Thu May 24 01:16:19 EDT 2012

On 23/05/2012 20:27, Phil Mayers wrote:
> If you don't enable portfast, you have to suffer the STP state
> transitions, which lead to delays in traffic forwarding after link-up.
I wondered what people's feelings/experiences were with respect to
completely disabling STP where appropriate?

I have 100% control over topology and some PtP dotq trunk links, I
thought of placing 'spanning-tree bpdufilter enable' rather than
'portfast trunk' on these ports. I have no need to to send or receive
STP BPDUs on these ports, even though the underlying technology is
Ethernet. Hosts are a mixture of L3 switches and routers, but
configuration should limit the extent of the broadcast domains in
question to exist only on the PtP link.

Cheers,

David.

--
DAVID FARRELL
IP Engineer

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tibus

T: +44 (0)28 9033 1122
F: +44 (0)28 9042 4709
E: dfarrell at tibus.com
W: www.tibus.com | www.tibushost.com | www.tibusconnect.com

Tibus is a trading name of The Internet Business Ltd, a company limited by share capital and registered in Northern Ireland, NI31235. It is a part of UTV Media Plc.

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.