[c-nsp] EARL L2 ASIC Search Engine has failed

Piotr Wojciechowski peper at peper.eu.org
Tue May 29 17:56:42 EDT 2012

On 5/29/12 16:03 , Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> I've had TAC chewing on this error for the past month.  Seems that the DFC in slot 2 and slot 3 are reporting the error.  TAC's first inclination was bad hardware, so it was RMA'd, however the error showed up again a few days ago.  A reboot cleared it and I haven't seen it since, but it's still alarming that "brand new" hardware would show exactly the same error, of which I have never seen before in my life.
>
> Anyone seen this in the wild?  Software issue perhaps?

Hello Jason,

Have you replaced only DFC or whole line card including DFC? Have you
tried this card in different chassis or different slots in same chassis?
Have you tried rebooting or reinserting just one line card instead of
rebooting whole chassis? Because we're talking about adjacent slots it
may be possible it's chassis problem just error messages are misleading.

Regards,
--
Piotr Wojciechowski  (CCIE #25543)  | "The trouble with being a god is
http://ccieplayground.wordpress.com | that you've got no one to pray to"