[c-nsp] EARL L2 ASIC Search Engine has failed

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 30 03:27:51 EDT 2012

On 05/29/2012 11:49 PM, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> Hi Piotr,
>
> Both linecards (including DFCs), chassis and power supplies were
> replaced.
>
> The only common element left is the Supervisor.  The standby
> Supervisor was replaced on a prior RMA, but there has been no
> (obvious) indication on either the part of TAC or myself to suggest
> the active Supervisor is somehow responsible.
>
> The chassis was rebooted this most recent time and has cleared the
> error and it hasn't resurfaced in the few days since, but that
> doesn't give me much comfort.

It could easily just be a software bug; I'm a bit surprised TAC didn't
suggest such. Similar (but different) TCAM mis-programming errors were
endemic on early 12.2(33)SX releases on the 6500 (same hardware).

Do you have any upgrade/downgrade options available?

With regards deciding if hardware is faulty; have you run a full
(including all the disruptives) GOLD diag set?