[c-nsp] Linux BGP tool

Tobias Heister lists at tobias-heister.de
Tue Nov 6 04:53:36 EST 2012

Hi,

Am 06.11.2012 08:11, schrieb CiscoNSP_list CiscoNSP_list:
> Looking for a linux bgp utility to inject full bgp tables into our Lab Cisco ASR1000 (To simulate real-world peering taking multiple full tables)

I am using bgpsimple in our lab to inject full tables it can use data from the ripe ris and performed better than exabgp (which was mentioned by others) when handling full tables when we
tested it a few years ago. exabgp has caught up since then but i have not tested it with a full table yet. exabgp is quite nice for injecting stuff like RTBH or flowspec routes or using it
to inject services for anycasting.
also you used to have to hack the bgpsimple code (basicly perl bgp handling) in order to tun multiple instances on the same injector. i do not know if this is fixed yet. anyway it was only a
few lines to change.

regards
tobias