[c-nsp] Nexus 7K NX-OS Upgrade

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:35:04 EST 2012

Hi Antonio,

In general, doing a traditional upgrade (changing boot variables) will
not update the BIOS for example, while an ISSU does and it's
non-disruptive with dual-supervisors.

There's a defect which caused the behavior you were seeing, CSCtn61286
which affects 5.1(3). Since you were upgrading from that version, it
was still impacting the upgrade process. It has been fixed in 5.1(4)
and 5.2(1) already, so upgrading from 5.2(3a) to 5.2(7) will not have
the same issue.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtn61286

If the boot variables are incorrect, you can edit them as you'd do on
an IOS device, make sure you update the kickstart and system as well.

Upgrading from 5.2(3a) to 5.2(7) can be done using the install all
(ISSU) method.

Best regards