[c-nsp] ME3800X, Policy Routing and SDM

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Wed Nov 7 00:13:57 EST 2012

On 7/11/2012 3:56 PM, Mal wrote:
> Did you scope the purchase yourself ?
>
> Mal
>

> -----Original Message-----
> From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
> [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Reuben Farrelly
> Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:10 PM
> To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
> Subject: [c-nsp] ME3800X, Policy Routing and SDM

Yes.  The SCALED license was documented (and still is) on CCO as public
information as increasing the limits of MAC/IP and other platform
limits, and not being something required to enable any new features:

"The ME 3800X supports these licenses plus a scaled license that can be
installed with any of these licenses to increase the supported values
for that license, for example, more MAC addresses, VLANs, IPv4 routes,
and so on. "

We hadn't budgetted on having to purchase a SCALED license in order to
get more functionality, because CCO indicates that's not what the SCALED
license provides, and the business case was approved some months ago
based on that premise.

So the question still is, is this license actually required (see my
mistake in the release notes?

Reuben