[c-nsp] custom fiber cables

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Nov 10 08:42:24 EST 2012

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012, harbor235 wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a reputable custom fiber patch supplier,
> looking for an Internet based company with quick response times.

By "custom", do you mean you get to specify the exact length rather than
choose from the common meter increments?

I've bought numerous times from fibercables.com, but I don't know if
they'll do custom lengths.  Their web site implies that they can/will.
For that though, we've always just used bulk fiber and done the
termination in-house.  It's really not that hard to do...but I only just
looked up and saw how expensive the tool kit is (Corning UniCam Pretium
Tool Kit).