[c-nsp] OSPF redist customer routes

CiscoNSP_list CiscoNSP_list cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:55:26 EST 2012

> I would suggest migrating to iBGP for customer routes, redistributing
> connected and static into iBGP much like you do now for OSPF.  You are
> going to run in to scalability problems with OSPF for customer routes.
> Keep OSPF for your infrastructure but not for customer routes.  You
> really don't want your infrastructure routing process recalculating
> every time a customer serial link flaps or a customer has a power blip.

Thanks Jay - We already run iBGP(Full mesh under VPNv4) across our POPs for vrf solutions....how best to migrate our customer routes from ospf->iBGP? (And how to separate our infrastructure IPs(Keep in OSPF))

> Customers with redundant connections can use a private AS into iBGP or
> tracked floating statics redistributed.

A lot of our customers CE's dont support BGP (Or require a license upgrade)...so we are stuck(to a degree) with having to support OSPF?

Thanks for your suggestions