[c-nsp] Wireless Controllers, SVIs and WCCP

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Wed Nov 14 17:18:24 EST 2012

Hi all,

Just wanted a quick heads up on other peoples thoughts.

We currently have 8 WLC 5508s (and a large number of users) and are looking
at changing how they are connected to the network.
We are also required to implement WCCP for the wireless users. MPLS support
would definitely bring "+" points.

My two ideas are:

1) 6506 Sup2T VSS - connect the WLCs directly to the 6506s and home
everything on the Sup2Ts - nice and simple

2) Pair of Nexus 5000s and a pair of ASR100x - VPC on the nexus, and GLBP
on the ASRs - the WLCs connect via LACP to both Nexuses.

Wireless has become a "priority 1" service at this site.

The 6506 seems to me to be the "easiest" solution but I am a little worried
about putting all my eggs in the one basket.

Thoughts?

Regards

Andrew

PS - 3750s don't work as they don't support enough MAC addresses.