[c-nsp] vlan limit hit...but havent?

Robert Williams Robert at CustodianDC.com
Sat Nov 17 03:38:51 EST 2012

Hi,

Just an idea, but have you tried "vtp pruning" in the config? If it is a bug then maybe it's a result of not clearing VLANs which were previously present but have been removed or re-numbered. Perhaps they are stuck in the VTP DB/cache pending a reload or similar event.

I know you are in transparent mode, but interestingly we have some 2960G units which show pruning as 'enabled' even though VTP is off globally:

#sh run | inc vtp
vtp mode off

#sh vtp stat
VTP Version capable             : 1 to 3
VTP version running             : 3
VTP Domain Name                 :
VTP Pruning Mode                : Enabled
VTP Traps Generation            : Disabled
Device ID                       : x.x.x

Feature VLAN:
--------------
VTP Operating Mode                : Off