[c-nsp] can not configure modem by router

s m sam.gh1986 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 05:52:58 EST 2012

hello guys

i wanna connect a modem to a 2800 router by AUX port. this is my
configuration:
modem InOut
modem autoconfigure discovery
transport input all
stopbits 1
speed 38400
flowcontrol hardware

the speed value changes because "mode autoconfigure discovery" is set.

i used blue console cable RJ45 to DB9 for connecting AUX port to modem.

this is the output of "show line 1" command:
Tty Line Typ Tx/Rx A Modem Roty AccO AccI Uses Noise Overruns Int
1 1 AUX 9600/9600 - inout - - - 4 0 0/0 -
Idle

Line 1, Location: "", Type: ""
Length: 24 lines, Width: 80 columns
Baud rate (TX/RX) is 9600/9600, no parity, 1 stopbits, 8 databits
Capabilities: Hardware Flowcontrol In, Hardware Flowcontrol Out
Modem Callout, Modem RI is CD, Modem Discovery
*Modem state: Idle*
*Modem hardware state: noCTS noDSR DTR RTS*
TTY NUMBER 1

i read when the connection is correct, modem hardware stats should be CTS
not noCTS. moreover i can not do reverse telnet to modem.

please let me know how i should fix it and configure my modem by  AT
commands.

thanks
SAM