[c-nsp] IP SLA

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Sun Nov 18 18:33:32 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:

> On (2011-10-19 18:01 +0200), Andrew Miehs wrote:
>
> > I have been looking at IP SLA and was wondering whether there are any
> appliances around which emulate Ciscos IP SLA so that you can use it as a
> responder, or even better, the transmitter end?
>
> Have you found any? I'd be very interested in commercial solution also.
> Preferably one which does hardware timestamping.

Unfortunately this project got stopped before it even got started. If we
had been allowed to implement it, I would have just rolled out the cheapest
Cisco routers that supported IP SLA. This way we would not have had
compatibility issues with 3rd party software - including provisioning.

Regards

Andrew