[c-nsp] IP SLA

Christophe Fillot cf at utc.fr
Mon Nov 19 05:08:37 EST 2012

Saku Ytti wrote:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cisco-sla-protocol-04
> http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/app-notes/3500145-en.pdf
>
> I wonder if those implicitly mean that you are allowed to build responder
> or not. The Cisco draft is not really what we're seeing in real-life
> (real-life identifies itself as version 1, draft is for version 2).

Indeed the packet format is very different...

> How does your responder compare to the one I gave link for? Does it support
> microsecond precision for UDP jitter?

Tbh I didn't know there was a "precision microsecond" command. From what
I can
see in your co-worker's code, this is handled by a different message
type (with code 0x03)
whereas the probe with millisecond resolution has code 0x02. Adding
support for it
shouldn't be very complicated.
About the packet handling, since I only support TCP/UDP probes, I use
the classic socket
API.

Christophe