[c-nsp] IPAM for Service Provider - BRAS GGSN

cisco-pe cisco.pe.1977 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 18:25:03 EST 2012

Gustav,
Thak you for the information.
We are thinking in a commercial solution ( I will check the features of
EfficentIP software)
About the GGSN (wireless user), PPP is the method to provide the IP to the
end user.
I am not an expert on IPAM Tool, but according to Infoblox Guy, they can
not manage the local ip pool defined on the Aggregator devices.
According to Google the scan modes used by the IPAM tool are: icmp, snmp
and arp scan.
In my customer, the BRAS are Juniper and the GGSN are Huawei.
I known that Cisco have some MIB to monitor the local ip pool, may be we
can use the same method if we had the MIB information from the vendors.
Any suggestion of experience about implement IPAM for Service Provider
using PPP as the method for IP Address allocation?

Best Regards
Juan Carlos