[c-nsp] URPF MAC check

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Fri Nov 23 07:36:10 EST 2012

On Nov 23, 2012, at 7:16 PM, Gert Doering wrote:

> I don't.  I see an outgoing best path to one of my peers.

AFAICT, I think they're talking about a hybrid layer-2/-3 filtering mechanism - I can't see a need for dynamism, just static policies.

IP Source Guard configured with static bindings might work, but I don't know offhand if it allows anything shorter than a /32 to be bound to a given source MAC.

If all that's desired is to know the source MAC of the relevant frames, a tap/SPAN/FNF/IPFIX w/PSAMP could provide that information.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton