[c-nsp] sup2t XL with non XL linecards

. . raincity23 at cosmo.com
Fri Nov 23 13:37:36 EST 2012

Hi,

> > That's true.  Cisco don't want 10G line card port-to-port forwarding to hit
> > the fabric since this exposes the limitations (age) of the
> > 6500, hence they only have DFC for 10G.
>
> Not true... the 6704's (XENPAKs) are CFC by default. the 6708 (X2)
> are DFC by default since ports are over-subscribed 2:1 even on the 65xx-E

Sadly, it seems can't use VSS on 6704 (or can't use those ports for a VSL link).
Probably because VSL depends on DFC?

Otherwise yes, could go with SUP2TXL, and a 4 port 10g (6704), and 48 port gige
(X6748) with CFC and save almost 50% off the price.

So looks like it's DFC4XL for all the linecards.

We looked at the ASR9k, but for our feature set and port counts, was almost 2.5
times more then an XL solution.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, really cleared things up!

--
This e-mail was brought to you by Cosmo Mail
http://www.cosmo.com/