[c-nsp] Cisco 2851 Wiping Flash?

Darren Collins Darren.Collins at damovo.com
Thu Nov 29 04:27:22 EST 2012

The 2821 and 2851 both support the same file-systems at the same version of IOS. It sounds like the flash card in the 2851 is formatted with the Class B (LEFS) format and the card in the 2821 is Class C (DOS).

Boot off of 12.4(24)T on the 2851 and "format flash:"

It should overwrite the Class B file-system with a Class C and then you can delete until your hearts content. It'll also upgrade the monlib on the flash card at the same time. Which as we all know is an integral part of every IOS upgrade.

--
Darren Collins
Network and Security Engineer