[c-nsp] IP LFA in ring topology

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Nov 29 11:07:02 EST 2012

On (2012-11-29 16:50 +0100), Adam Vitkovsky wrote:

> I'm impressed how easily it can be enabled
> But still the cmd has to enable rvsp and mpls-te right?

As far as I understood from cisco.com it works like I hoped. It uses SPF
only, no need for RSVP.

When remaining adjacent router is not LFA, you push new label which in
previous topology will cause adjacent router to carry the frame to a router
who has LFA.

You can still cook-up topology where you can't force neighbour router to
label switch frame to a node who does not have LFA, in which case you need
to just wait for IGP.

--
  ++ytti