[c-nsp] IP LFA in ring topology

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Nov 29 12:05:24 EST 2012

On (2012-11-29 17:25 +0100), Adam Vitkovsky wrote:

> Right but how would you know which label to push?

I can understand how it works for INET, but I can't figure out how it would
work for VPN.

http://ytti.fi/rLFA.txt

If we'd use global IGP labels, R5 could impose stack of [R3, P1, VPN1] and
we could protect all MPLS traffic, not just INET, as no lookup is needed in
R3.

I don't think the cisco page really answers to this question. If rLFA
supports only INET or not. If it supports also VPN, I don't understand how
it works.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_isis/configuration/15-2s/irs-rmte-lfa-frr.html

So maybe I'm missing completely what rLFA is about.
--
  ++ytti