[c-nsp] IP LFA in ring topology

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Nov 29 12:32:07 EST 2012

On (2012-11-29 17:25 +0100), Adam Vitkovsky wrote:

> Right but how would you know which label to push?
> Wouldn't the router have to tell you first that this is the label he'll use
> to get to the LFA router?
> If I understood it correctly the LFA router could be several hops away from
> you or your neighbor right?

You're right.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shand-remote-lfa-01

2. shows pre-provisioned tunnel.

With global IGP labels, we wouldn't need any tunnels for rLFA. Global
labels would need no new HW support either and global labels would even
allow us to get rid of LDP, by distributing labels via ISIS.

draft also seems to have mistake in figure 3.

But still, as long as the tunnels are created without operator, I guess
it's not too bad.

--
  ++ytti