[c-nsp] Nexus 7000 VDC Design

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Fri Nov 30 20:13:38 EST 2012

Hello group,

I have a design requirement. Decouple the default VDC that has everything
there (L2 and L3) into two separate VDCs: Core and Aggregation.

I have to move from the top diagram to the bottom diagram:

http://www.ccie18473.net/dc-evolution.jpg

The blue lines are L2 links and the red lines are L3 links. And two 7Ks in
each DC.

I have OTV on-a-stick and I want to keep it that way. But I want to move the
L3 routing protocols to the Core and only keep the SVIs/HSRP in the
Aggregation. Basically doing the L2/L3 boundary on the Aggregation Layer.

I see many challenges when doing something like this.

I wonder if there is some documentation that can help me doing this.

There is the BRKDCT-2121 presentation about VDC design but is not deep
enough.

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)