[c-nsp] questions regarding RSPAN on Catalyst 2950, 3550, 3560, 3750 and 4500 platforms

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Oct 2 08:36:37 EDT 2012

On 2 October 2012 15:28, Martin T <m4rtntns at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is only IPv6 traffic sent to "monitor" port(Gi0/11) when RSPAN on
> "WS-C3560G-24TS" is enabled?

It seems to catch flooded traffic only, why, I cannot answer. Typical
answer is server not in promisc mode. I've had laptop where
dmesg/ifconfig would report promisc, but it would never actually go
into promisc. But as you can't see the packets being exported by
observing the counters, you can determine that SPAN is not working.
--
  ++ytti