[c-nsp] 6vpe - me3600x

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Oct 2 10:19:05 EDT 2012

On 02/10/2012 16:01, "Aaron" <aaron1 at gvtc.com> wrote:

>(resending due to ugly formatting)
>
>When I enabled vpnv6 on my pre-existing vpnv4 neighbor session I saw it
>bounce....Is there any way around this ?  ...i'm concerned about the
>interruption (for operational environment) on the underlying vpnv4 l3vpn.
>Would be only momentary though right?... looks like 10 seconds from
>"nbr_reset" to "Up"
>
>If no way to avoid this, how do y'all do it ?  maint window?

Adding an address family to an existing session requires bouncing it as
address family capabilities are negotiated upon session establishment.
There is draft-ietf-idr-dynamic-cap which would avoid the reset, but this
isn't implemented yet. And we have BGP multi-session so you build one
session per AF, which would also avoid session resets. But I guess both
are no options for you, so you would need to do it in a maintenance window
if the session bounce has an impact.

	oli