[c-nsp] IOS XR BVI

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:12:58 EDT 2012

There was a thread on this topic a few months back.  Unless my testing
was really messed up, ACL's do work.

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2012-July/086171.html

Looks like it depends on what line cards you are using as well.

Good luck!

--chip

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Natambu Obleton
<nobleton at fasttrackcomm.net> wrote:
> Anyone using BVIs and l2vpn on IOS XR for routing interfaces? I am running into some strange issue in an attempt to put 4 ASR9k's into production on my network, but only on ipv4. I am having no issues with Ipv6 and OSPFv3, yet..The last reference I can find to BVI in a IOS XR 4.0.1 and it says, that a lot of features are not supported including IPv6. I went through the release notes up to 4.2.1 and the only reference is the support of ACL's on BVI. Yet, in troubleshooting I am unable to get ipv4 ACLs to work when applied to either the BVI interface or the l2transport interface.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.0/interfaces/configuration/guide/hc40irb.html
>
> Makes me want to just avoid them all together, but to implement card redundancy in our current configuration the BVI is needed. Thanks.
>
> --
>
> Natambu Obleton, CISSP CCNA
> Senior Network Engineer
> FastTrack Communications, Inc.
> 970.828.1009

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....