[c-nsp] solarwinds question

Michael Sprouffske msprouffske at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 16:34:35 EDT 2012

I know this isn't the best place for this but I thought this team might have an answer for me.  I have switches that don't send the interface description with traps and that makes it hard to tell what the alert is.  Now, solarwinds can poll the device and it has the interface description.  The catch is, we poll every 2 minutes and I would like to receive traps as they happen.  Now the poller will put the description in the email but the trap will not.  Is there a way to have the traps received, look in solarwinds somewhere for the description?

Not sure if I asked this question correctly.  I basically need to input a interface description in my email message and as far as I can tell, I can't do that with traps that don't have the interface description in them.