[c-nsp] ASR901 EoMPLS Customer COS bits trashed

Caillin Bathern caillinb at commtelns.com
Wed Oct 10 00:50:49 EDT 2012

Hi list,

I am seeing some odd behaviour in the lab and I am wondering if anyone
else knows why this is happening or any alternative...

I have a simple setup - CE---PE(ASR901)---EoMPLS---PE(ASR901)---CE - I
also have inline packet capturing devices on all physical links and MPLS
explicit null turned on to ensure EXP marking is carried through.

A single VLAN (10) in a service instance is been xconnected through on
the ASR901s as follows:

pseudowire-class eth

encapsulation mpls

interworking ethernet

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

service instance 10 ethernet

  encapsulation dot1q 10

  xconnect 6.6.6.6 10 encapsulation mpls pw-class eth

!

The CE is a network tester sending VID10 with COS 3, this traffic is