[c-nsp] Catalyst 3xxx IPv6 VRF Lite ?

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Sat Oct 13 11:35:22 EDT 2012

So I found this:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/160249

Anyone have any exciting news on this front since April : :)  Any of the
folks @cisco.com on this list that are able/willing to comment ?

I'm working on an order to upgrade all our desktop switches, and have
been using this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/switches/ps5718/ps708/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805f0955.pdf

It certainly helps, but skips over something as specific as IPv6 VRF lite.

Not to 'cross the streams' WRT to the other list, but it looks like
Juniper EX3200 supports this (and generally would match up to the
3560X's I was looking at).

I'm thinking about backing my 3560Xes down to L2 license, and putting a
router in at the sites to be the 'VRF concentrator'.  This adds a bit of
complexity, cost, and less performance (sites are generally connected back
via 1G fiber - so a 39xx router would be maxing out at 300-500mpbs ?)

I've rambled long enough - if anyone has any info or advice I'd be
grateful.  Thanks.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: