[c-nsp] IPv6 PE-CE

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Oct 18 09:06:54 EDT 2012

On (2012-10-18 14:57 +0200), Benny Amorsen wrote:

> You must be usíng the interface addresses for the BGP peering endpoints,
> since you would need an IGP to reach any loopbacks, and we are trying to
> avoid running an IGP? I cannot get away with using the same BGP neighbor
> address for all CE's.

Yes, you'd need to manually configure the PE interface as neighbour in
every CE. I personally don't worry much about CE config/complexity, partly
because I don't much deal with them, partly because the config is
manageable anyhow as it's one customer.
But I can understand it can be problem in some environments where with IGP
you can live with standard config.

I guess vendor could implement this by allowing DHCP default-gw to be
configured as BGP peer. Now you just need to be buying devices for half a
million USD to get PERS/ER done :)

--
  ++ytti