[c-nsp] Netflow and routed subnets

CiscoNSP_list CiscoNSP_list cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:57:16 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,

7200 (G2), with "ip flow ingress" enabled on a subinterface, I see all ingress/egress traffic(via sh ip cache flow) to the /30 assigned to the Interface - but If I statically route an additional subnet, I only see egress traffic(via sh ip cache flow) from the routed subnet range.

Eg.  Firewall(No nat enabled) directly connected to the 7200 (with /30) - I see all ingress/egress traffic for the /30....but if I route another /30 to the IP that is assigned to the firewall's WAN, and assign one of the routed /30's IP to the LAN of the firewall, I only see egress traffic from that IP

One caveat is, that I do see ingress for the routed subnet range, if I generate traffic from a device that is directly connected to the 7200....anything "external"(not directly connected), I only see the egress traffic

Hope the above makes sense :)