[c-nsp] ASR1000 and radius guided netflow

Журавлев Евгений Алексеевич zz at dsi.ru
Mon Oct 22 22:49:33 EDT 2012

Hello List!

Now we are using Cisco 7201 routers to terminate ISG IPoE sessions (subscriber interface). For some sessions, we use Netflow activation through the radius (CoA). For the downstream subscriber traffic radius Netflow activation was realized by assigning the policy-map with the netflow-sampler "random one-out-of 1" in the class-default. For the upstream subscriber traffic we are using the class-map with "set qos-group 91". At the router uplink interface there are the policy-map with the class-map matching qos group 91 and netflow-sampler "random one-out-of 1".

Sample configuration:

ISG Service activated via RADIUS for sessions with netflow:
policy-map type service FLOWON
   service-policy input FLOW-IN-ON
   service-policy output FLOW-OUT-ON

Policy-map that activates the service on the session:
policy-map FLOW-OUT-ON
   class class-default
    netflow-sampler interesting-flows
policy-map FLOW-IN-ON
   class class-default
   set qos group 91

Netflow-sampler:
flow-sampler-map interesting-flows
  mode random one-out-of 1

We want to upgrade our C7201 to the Cisco ASR 1002, ESP10. But this configuration does not work on the ASR. Traffic enters to the class-map but sampler not executed. The flexible netflow works if it configured on the interface manually.

Are there any options to enable or disable NetFlow using RADIUS CoA for ISG subscriber interface sessions on the Cisco ASR1000 routers?

The IOS version we tested is "IOS XE Version: 03.06.01.S"

---

Evgeny Zhuravlev