[c-nsp] IPv6 BGP peers over SNMP

Robert Williams Robert at CustodianDC.com
Sat Oct 27 05:19:14 EDT 2012

Hi,

Just to say thanks to everyone who responded to me about this; it's a real shame that Cisco don't appear to have done anything about it. We've been running v6 across our network for customers since 2009 and actually see a reasonable amount of traffic for it these days (hence trying to get equal monitoring information for v6 as we have for v4).

Very disappointing but I guess we'll just go the SSH/scrape route instead like everybody else is having to do.

Cheers,

Robert Williams
Backline / Operations Team
Custodian DataCentre
tel: +44 (0)1622 230382
email: Robert at CustodianDC.com
http://www.custodiandc.com/disclaimer.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Robert Williams
Sent: 24 October 2012 11:05
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] IPv6 BGP peers over SNMP

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to retrieve IPv6 BGP Neighbor statistics from a Sup-720-3BXL running 12.2(33)SXJ ?

My research suggests it should be at 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187.1.2.5 (cbgpPeer2Table)

However, a walk of the whole ...187.1.2 tree reveals no sign of a 1.2.5 and no IPv6 peers at all.

I know they are supposed to be encoded back to "v4" style, but I'm not seeing any at all - only v4.

Is it simply not there or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance!