[c-nsp] ME3600X - Bridge Domain Routing with SVI

Steve McCrory smccrory at gcicom.net
Tue Sep 4 08:46:40 EDT 2012

Hi Reuben,

Thanks for the pointers. I can confirm that vlan 200 has been defined on
the 3524. I can also confirm that the 3524 doesn't support q-in-q and
I'm currently looking for at least a 3550 that may be lurking in stores
somewhere.

However, I'll provide a bit more information on what I'm trying to
achieve:

I'm trying to replicate the delivery of Ethernet circuits to us by our
carrier. At the CE-end, we are assigned an S-VLAN which we tag on frames
towards them. At the PE-end, the carrier's bearer lands on a trunk port
and each site is presented to us as the S-VLAN which we can then trunk
onwards or terminate Layer 3 on an SVI etc.

With this in mind, I'm trying to double-tag frames on the CE,
encapsulating a C-VLAN inside the S-VLAN. On the ME3600 I'd like to
strip off the S-VLAN and then terminate the C-VLAN on an SVI.

I hope this clarifies my aims and objectives to hopefully encourage
further advice

Thanks

Steven