[c-nsp] %ETHC-5-PORTFROMSTP:Port 2/6 left bridge port 2/6

John Elliot johnelliot67 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 20:14:39 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,

We are seeing an intermittent issue on a link to one of our EC's (Provided by another carrier) - The link drops for ~20-30seconds. The carrier has acknowledged that they see the following on one of there switches when the outages occur:

2012 Sep 07 00:53:04
UTC +00:00 %ETHC-5-PORTFROMSTP:Port 2/6 left bridge port 2/6

2012 Sep 07 00:53:23 UTC +00:00 %ETHC-5-PORTTOSTP:Port 2/6 joined bridge port
2/6

This switch(the carriers) does not connect directly to our ECs' CE(Cisco 881), but carrier is stating that they believe the issue is with the CE(?) - EC has yet to replace the CE due to it's remote location.

Just wanted some clarification on the log detail above - I believe it indicates that port 2/6 lost physical connectivity, then connectivity was re-established ~20seconds later?(And that port 2/6 is part of an etherchannel?)

Cheers.