[c-nsp] Best Ipam software?

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Wed Sep 12 20:25:42 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 4:42 AM, <Gustav.Ulander at steria.se> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
> I was a little bit curious as to what people are using to handle and
> manage their ip address spaces?
> I’m primarily looking for a system that can handle multiple instances of
> the same subnet existing.

If you only need to "manage" address spaces - a simple text file using vi
to edit it is more than enough - with some form of version controller
wrapper around it.

Are you also doing DNS and DHCP for these customers, then you may want to
look at some of the commercial products listed including bluecat, infoblox
and vitalqip (not listed in any order). Note however, that the commercial
products get very expensive very quickly. IIRC, mice and men was designed
to integrate with Microsoft AD?

Also note, be very wary  of the architecture of the products before going
into production with them. ENSURE that you do a proof of concept, and
expect to have someone dealing with this FULL TIME for about 3 months
before you decide. It is a huge undertaking, and can change many of your
processes.

Andrew