[c-nsp] Rcv-Err And Giants On 7600 WS-X6708-10GE

Devon True devon at noved.org
Fri Sep 14 11:37:07 EDT 2012

All:

We are seeing increasing Rcv-Err and Giants on a WS-X6708-10GE in a 7600 running 12.2(33)SRE3. The interface itself have very low usage (~400 Mbps in and out) and I do not see any input drops.

Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0

Port        Align-Err    FCS-Err   Xmit-Err    Rcv-Err UnderSize OutDiscards
Te2/8               0          0          0       5556         0           0

Port      Single-Col Multi-Col  Late-Col Excess-Col Carri-Sen     Runts    Giants
Te2/8              0         0         0          0         0         0     10184

My initial thought was Rvc-Err is equal to Giants, however that is not true. I also did some searching and saw were people mentioned Rcv-Err is related to the input buffer, but I do not see any input drops.

Anyone have any pointers to help troubleshoot this issue?

--
Devon