[c-nsp] VPLS and multipoint L2 bridging

Ron Vachiyer proutfoo at outlook.com
Tue Sep 18 12:22:13 EDT 2012

I have an application where we are using DMVPN/NHRP for L3 type services, however we require a setup where remote L2 bridging can be established to a number of remote spokes, not all of which the IPv4 endpoint IP will be known in advance.

Is it possible to use VPLS to achieve this, specifically where connectivity is not MPLS end-to-end, and the endpoint's IP address is not known in advance?  I am trying to get some info and example configs of VPLS type services and have not come across much so far.

Thank you in advance,

Ron