[c-nsp] 7600 SUP720-3B PBR

Steven Raymond sraymond at acedatacenter.com
Tue Sep 18 13:04:06 EDT 2012

On Sep 18, 2012, at 10:56 AM, harbor235 wrote:

> My google fu has not turned up anything definitive on the 7600 PBR
> performance, is it done in hardware
> or is it down in software? With or without DFCs. Can anyone provide any
> insight into sup720 PBR performance?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SR/configuration/guide/layer3.html

•The Policy Feature Card (PFC) and any Distributed Feature Cards (DFCs) provide hardware support for policy-based routing (PBR) for route-map sequences that use the match ip address, set ip next-hop, and ip default next-hop PBR keywords.

I haven't actually tried it, but guess it would do okay. There a few caveats listed there.