[c-nsp] ASR 9K Broadband Licence??

Frank Norman franknorman82 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 07:14:43 EDT 2012

Dear friends,

I need some clarification regarding running of broadband services on Cisco
ASR 9006 router.

As i understand ASR 9K can support maximum of 64k subscribers (although i
don't see it any official datasheets, ASR 1K datasheet do mention limit of
64k).

Document says that i need A9K-BNG-LIC-8K licence to enable broadband
features on ASR 9K and that's the only broadband licence listed in the
documents.     Now can someone tell me do i need to buy 8 of these licences
from Cisco to support maximum of 64k users??? or just one of this licence is
just required to enable Broadband services and i can than use it for any
numbers of subscribers??

Please clarify.

-Frank