[c-nsp] Nexus and lacp graceful-convergence

Friedemann Stoyan fstoyan+cisco-nsp at swapon.de
Fri Sep 21 03:14:06 EDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

from the nexus documentation [1] and [2]:

"To avoid port suspension, we recommend that you disable graceful
convergence on LACP ports on a peer switch that is not running
Cisco NX-OS."

"By default, LACP graceful convergence is enabled. In situations
where you need to support LACP interoperability with devices where
the graceful failover defaults may delay the time taken for a disabled
port to be brought down or cause traffic from the peer to be lost,
you can disable convergence."

What I want to know is, what exactly happens when switching lacp
graceful convergence off.

Regards
Friedemann

[1]: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/command/reference/layer2/n5k-l2_cmds_l.html#wp2676465