[c-nsp] DCEF720 card together with CEF256/classic line cards in Cat6.5k with Sup720?

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Fri Sep 21 10:24:25 EDT 2012

HI

Short answer yes, long answer is that mixing dfc cards brings limitations, all dfcsgoing to lowest common denominator, OIR etc.

> If it's supported: Would there still be any remaining benefit in using a
> DFC-equipped card?  I'd think that we would still benefit from the local
> switching and the extra Netflow table.  Anything else?

Yes as you mention netflow, more pps when used with classic cards, avoiding bus stalls come to mind and I think qos policy numbers go up as well IIRC ...

There is a doc on cisco web site with the matrix of what goes on mixing and matching DFCs.

Regards

Brian