[c-nsp] 2900 -> 2960 config question

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Sep 21 17:00:54 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 07:04:09PM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 21 Sep 2012, at 18:06, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:
> > (Stupid move.  Even more stupid, still the same with vtp v3
>
> The cynic in me wonders what you expect if you use vtp? :-)
>
> Nick,
> ex-vtp user, blood-stained t shirt and all

Sure, same thing here :-)

I wouldn't let VTP near anything important, but I have a couple of
switches that actually MUST have identical VLANs (specifically, blade
center switches that feed ESX clusters), and VTP3 with passwords and
stuff looked promising.

Then I noticed that it kills the concept of "backup and revision-control
what's on the devices", and abandoned the thought again.

Someone in IOS development really need to work outside their closed
cubicles for a while...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de