[c-nsp] ASR 1001 - CPU issue

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Sep 26 04:51:03 EDT 2012

On 26/09/2012 10:01, ibogzipper iboge wrote:
> is it normal to have 1% cpu with 800 Mbps duplex ? just pure routing & QOS
> . is there any other OID's we can monitor ?

the asr1k is a hardware forwarding platform.  In practice this means that
the forwarding mechanism on the router is separate to the management
mechanism.  When you type in "show cpu", you're requesting information
about the management CPU which plays no part in shifting traffic through
the box.

So yes, 1% cpu with 800mbit traffic sounds fine.

Nick