[c-nsp] Monday morning brain teaser

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 12:29:36 EDT 2013

It should be sourced from the directly connected interface. I see nothing
in the config that would cause it to be sourced from something else.
However, this led to try a test that turned up something else really weird.
If I ping the destination normally from Router A, the ping begins
immediately. But if I ping the destination and source it from Router A's
loopback0 interface, the ping waits about 7-8 seconds before it sends the
pings. The RTT is the same, but there is always a 7-8 second pause after I
hit enter if I source the pings from Loopback0. WTH? Something is very
funky on this router.