[c-nsp] Performance issue on link

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Mon Apr 1 19:20:34 EDT 2013

You need to shape your traffic to 40Mbps (or most likely slightly less than that).
TCP bursts and your provider drops the traffic, which causes the TCP window to shrink.

Your switches cannot shape, so you would have to do it on the routers.

Basically, a classic sub-rate link problem:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND_40/QoSIntro_40.html#wp61026

Arie