[c-nsp] FQDN ACL's on ASA

Vijay Ramcharan vrlists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 09:45:28 EDT 2013

Scott,

There isn't an explicit permit but there is an explicit drop or deny. What
the examples provide are "match not" expressions which are used as explicit
"permit".

I don't know how complicated your setup needs to be or how many domains or
hosts you need to match but "match not" for those with a "drop" or "deny"
action would probably give you the expected result.

I used this same setup to explicitly permit ftp for Symantec AV file updates
below while denying all other FTP. A similar approach would be applicable
for http traffic also.

regex SymPtrn1 ".*liveupdate.+livetri\.zip"

regex SymPtrn2 "minitri\.flg"

regex SymPtrn3 ".*corporate.+livetri\.zip"

class-map type regex match-any cls-symantec-files

match regex SymPtrn1

match regex SymPtrn2

match regex SymPtrn3

class-map type inspect ftp match-any cls-deny-ftp

match not filename regex class cls-symantec-files

class-map ftp-traffic

match port tcp eq ftp

policy-map type inspect ftp checkftp

parameters