[c-nsp] 10gig Link Bouncing Consistently

Justin Krejci JKrejci at usinternet.com
Wed Apr 3 19:04:29 EDT 2013

Netgear SPF+ transceivers: AXM761

Thanks!!

From: Justin Krejci
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:56 PM
To: Justin M. Streiner; cisco-nsp
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] 10gig Link Bouncing Consistently

This is what I've got

1. Optics in Cisco are vanilla cisco-compatible XENPAK-10GB-SR. Optics in the netgear are.... trying to find out.
2. OM2 fiber
3. Cable length is between 150 and 200 ft. OM2 should be good up to 150 meters @10 gig-e. The fiber is also pretty new, perhaps 2 years old.

For a second you had me worried as I had a sudden horrible feeling it was OM1 but its definitely OM2.

We are asking the customer about switching to SMF in any case as we avoid MMF as much as possible.

Thanks!