[c-nsp] EVC traffic statistics over SNMP (ASR903 and ME3600x)

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Thu Apr 4 10:28:24 EDT 2013

On Oct 25, 2012, at 3:27 AM, Pshem Kowalczyk <pshem.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that. It looks like our 903 do seem to report them fine, on
> the other hand 3600x (15.2(4)s1) don't seem to show anything useful. I
> wonder if the fact that we the service instances only to terminate
> local layer 3 has anything to do with this. Or perhaps it's just cacti
> not reading them correctly.

I found out that on the ASR903 the EVC's appear fine in ifMIB, but a few issues. (at least for me on 3.7.2)

- Interface counters on EVC's don't seem accurate.  Some EVC's missing input counters and others don't seem to be showing traffic on the correct EVC's.  Kind of a mess.

- Counters will break completely on an RSP switchover.  They just zero out and stop incrementing.  (I have a TAC case/bug on this one)

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net