[c-nsp] 4500x - SFP-GE-T

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 01:44:41 EDT 2013

We've had similar issues with third party copper SFPs in the Nexus
series.  I still get nightmares about having to use my leatherman to
remove the damn things from a production switch.  :/

The Cisco copper SFPs have been good to us.  Maybe find some cheap
used ones on ebay or ask NHR if they can sell you some used ones?

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Stephen Fulton <sf at lists.esoteric.ca> wrote:
> +1, but the OEM brand I chose was Fluxlight.  I'm otherwise happy with their
> product, but those do get stuck in the 4500-X.  You'll need a very small
> screw driver to manipulate the bottom of the SFP.
>
> -- S.
>

> On 4/4/2013 21:40, CiscoNSP List wrote:
>>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Hoping someone out there is using SFP-GE-T's in a 4500-X that are able to
>> be EASILY removed?
>>
>> I have some "Turbo X" ones that are impossible to remove from the 4500x
>> (But they work fine in an ASR)
>>
>> Cheers.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0