[c-nsp] 3750 stack "inaccessible" - memory leak

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Apr 5 05:41:23 EDT 2013

Hi,

> Each time my patience wears thin with TAC, I come here; it's typically
> more productive :)
> February 2011:  3750G stack stops answering to telnet/ssh with timeouts,
> serial console reports "%% Low on memory; try again later".
> Gets blamed on CSCsu27706, fixed in 12.2(44); but we're now on 15.0(2).
> And having the same exact symptoms again.
> Anyone been there, done that, got the T-shirt?  Better yet, got a
> workaround or fix?

similar issue - 3750e, only console works...telnet and SSH dead.  using local console
could see that all virtual consoles are stuck with a session still alive in them...
but those sessions dont exist and clearing them doesnt work. raised a case or 2 since
first seeing it..and each time have upgraded to latest IOS on a 'we believe its fixed'
promise. takes a while for the issue to appear and only seems to affect *some* switches
- remote access being lost is annoying...but not mission critical

alan